Its funny the last week of April I sat down, and got ready to plan all my projects and LIFE happen! So I have not completed any of the projects I visualized. My mom was hospitialized for a few days, so my mind was focusing on that. BUT I did manage to squeeze out this project.
As a newbie, the topstitching on this project was some what bothersome and the placket. I was at step 5 and 6, when I realized this garment would not be wearable lol. But I continued to finish the shirt. And what a joy to create. By the end of the project, I had used my buttonhole foot, and attached buttons!!!
Will I make another Kwik Sew K3422, or any Men’s shirt for that matter?? The ANSWER IS YES!!!
I enjoyed the process and soon I will be able to make a wearable shirt. I really love men button up shirts, and its what my husband wears 90% of the time so it would be nice to make him some (custom made with love shirts)
Reviewing mistakes made in this garment
- Did not cut the collar big enough
- My collar stand, I cut that out weird as well
- Placket looked so funny-need to work on shaping the tip
- I sewed one of the sleeves in wrong, my placket ended up on the front (duh duh moment)
- I forgot to cut my notches when I cut out the fabric
What I learned
- how to add a collar to a collar stand
- the beginner way of making a placket
- how to use my button hole
- how to sew a button on with my machine
- building the perfect collar/collar stand
- beautiful plackets